Terence Tan, born in 1969, graduated from Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts in 1990 and thereafter completed a Bachelor of Art (Design) with major in Multimedia from Curtain University of Technology in 1997. He pursued his Master in Electronic Arts from Middlesex University in 2004.
Terence was formally trained in Western painting traditions and techniques. Five years ago, Teo studied Chinese ink painting from Singaporean master Mr Tan Oe Pang and this series of paintings reflects his Chinese ink work development, through his portrayal of the existing greenscapes within our city. They highlight the beauty of the greenery whilst exploring the co-existence of man and nature within the rapid urbanisation of the environment.
Terence is currently a part-time lecturer at Nanyang Academy of Fine Art.
Selected Solo Exhibitions
- Contemporary Chinese Ink Showcase, 2010, Forest Rain Gallery, Singapore
- Being, 2003, Utterly Art, Singapore
Selected Group Exhibitions
- Portable Art Week, 2015, iPreciation, Singapore
- Practice and Perfection, 2014, Nanyang Academy of Fine Art, Singapore
- Nothing In Common, A Visual Art Exhibition, 2014, ION Art Gallery, Singapore
- Dialogue Amongst Trees, 2013, Utterly Art, Singapore
- The Little Joys of Singapore, 2013, Galerie Sogan & Art, Singapore
- Dialogue Amongst Trees, 2013, Francis’, Melbourne, Australia
- 27th Asian International Art Exhibition, 2013, Bangkok, Thailand
- Unity in diversity, 2012, 49th Annual Show Modern Art Society, Singapore
- Boundaries, 2010, 47th Annual Show Modern Art Society, Singapore
Images of artworks