Born in 1962, Lim Soo Ngee is currently senior lecturer at the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Singapore. He earned a Diploma in Fine Art (Sculpture) from the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts in 1989 before continuing to pursue a Master of Fine Arts (Sculpture) from Edinburgh College of Art in 1997. Lim’s approach to sculpture is immensely intimate, musing over the different relationships between humanity, the environment and society. As such, his works usually present themselves as whimsical narratives that offer a commentary on the human condition.
Lim has represented Singapore in numerous exhibitions both locally and internationally, and is a regular contributor to many international sculpture symposiums, such as the inaugural International Woodcarving Symposium, Singapore in 2007 and the Hong Kong International Sculpture Symposium 2009. His work was featured in the International Sculpture symposium of the 11th Asian Art Festival and is in the permanent collection of the Asian Sculpture Theme Park, Inner Mongolia, China.
His works are in the collection of the Singapore National Art Gallery, Esplanade Singapore, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Singapore, Ngee Ann Kongsi Singapore and other local and international private collections.
Selected Solo Exhibitions
- Ritual · In Progress, 2018, iPreciation, Singapore
- Paradise – Tropical Garden, 2008, Esplanade, Singapore
- Form-ing Materials and Processes, 2006, Sculpture Square, Singapore
- On the Table, 2003, Utterly Art, Singapore
Selected Group Exhibitions
- ENVISION: Sculptures @ the Garden City, 16 Jan – 15 Apr 2015
- Portable Art Week, 2015, iPreciation, Singapore
- These Sacred Things, 2015, Jendela Art Space, Esplanade, Singapore
- Nothing in Common, 2014, ION Art Gallery, Singapore
- Annual Exhibition, 2014, Sculpture Society, Singapore
- The Little Joys of Singapore, 2013, Galerie Sogan & Art, Singapore
- Make in Singapore – Three Quarters of a Century, 2013, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Singapore
For the full list of exhibitions, please contact the gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected Public Collections
- National Art Gallery, Singapore
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Art, Singapore
- Esplanade, Singapore
Images of artworks